Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Consti-tuesdays!


Folks, I'd like to introduce a new feature to my blog: Consti-Tuesdays!

On Tuesdays, I'll come here to discuss my thoughts on the Constitution or Constitutional issues with regards to the things going on in our world as they happen and become relevant. Sound fun? Good!

I think this could be a great thing; both informative and inspirational. I'll admit, though... I have an ulterior motive here...

It's my attempt to get more people to read and attempt to understand the United States Constitution. In recent years, there have been a shitload of people who CLAIM to have read the Constitution, but obviously have NO FUCKIN' IDEA what it says! As a result, politicians run on their faith, despite the fact that Article VI, sec. 3 says “No religious test shall ever be required for any office or public trust under the United States...”

People think that “Freedom of Religion” means that they can insert ONLY THEIR religion into any law, while stripping rights from other people because THEIR religion is apparently the only one covered by the First Amendment...

People think that the “debt ceiling” is something that can be debated...

Well, we'll dispel these myths by education and discussion. Over time, we'll work our way through the Constitution a little chunk at a time, and as otherwise necessary when prescribed by current events.

My fingertips are already itching to get started... I'm excited... I hope you all are, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment